Our client is looking for a motivated, caring and enthusiastic individual who wishes to begin a career in childcare.
To provide high quality care and education for under 5’s by:
- Learn the planning cycle and begin to contribute to curriculum plans
- Carry out planned activities with small groups of children, supported by the room leader
- Follow nursery routines and activities, offering attention and support to all children
- Contributes observations to children’s development on tapestry
- Have a small amount of key children and be responsible for tracking their development, with guidance from supervisor
- Prepares displays, ensuring they stimulate vocal and receptive responses
- Actively promotes each child’s self esteem
To maintain a safe environment for the children and adults in the nursery ensuring that:
- equipment and resources are set up and cleared away each session
- Making sure equipment is maintained and any issues are reported to the nursery manager
- Good hygiene standards are maintained and 10 rules of food hygiene are adhered to
- Safety procedures are adhered to
- Arrival/ departure procedures are observed and children are kept safe during the session itself
- The physical, toileting and hygiene needs of the children within the nursery are attended to.
- To ensure good hygiene standards are maintained throughout the nursery.
To comply with all relevant procedures covering child protection, special needs, equal opportunities, with special regard to multi-discriminatory procedures.
- To work as part of a team
- To communicate positively and effectively both inside and outside the nursery, to:
- Develop and maintain a partnership with parents / carers
- To actively contribute to good staff morale.
- Promote an excellent image of Paint Pots.
- To attend staff meetings.
- To commit to continuing personal development.
We have opportunities in the following areas-
Sholing, West End and 2 settings in Shirley
Training to be provided: The successful candidate will be working towards a Level 3 childcare qualification, however a Level 2 may be considered for the right person. You will be fully supported throughout the qualification by a coach allocated to you.