Apprenticeship Level 2
FNTC’s Business Administration Level 2 Apprenticeship is designed to deliver and enhance the skills and knowledge required of people working in an administration assistant role. It aims to develop your confidence in your abilities by developing work-related knowledge, skills and understanding. The framework includes a balance of content, designed to ensure you have an appropriate set of administrative skills to operate in your specific chosen job role.
This programme is designed for people who have a supporting role in an office environment. It focuses on those aspects of work which have increased in importance in recent years, such as communication and negotiation, working with others, dealing with change, solving business problems, supporting sustainability and managing risk. The framework is suitable for those in a range of administrative roles and industries.
The programme comprises of the NCFE LEVEL 2 Diploma in Business and Administration, understanding Employee Rights and personal learning and thinking skills.
You may also be required to undertake English and/or maths functional skills as well as ICT if these haven’t been achieved at GCSE grade 4 or above.
20% of your time is spent in off the job training.
Off the job training is learning which is undertaken outside of the normal day-to-day working routine and contributes to the achievement of an apprenticeship. It can be delivered at the apprentice’s normal place of work or off-site.
FNTC works with your employer to develop a bespoke programme for you, we map appropriate off the job training that meets the employer’s and learner’s needs.
Examples of off the job training include classroom training, role play, coaching and mentoring, simulation exercises, online learning, work shadowing, manufacturer training, industry visits, self-study and assignment completion.
Other examples include:
- Participating in online forums relevant to your role and your industry.
- Individual study time – whether it’s to complete coursework or review modules.
- Being mentored e.g. by a more senior colleague doing a job your apprentice would one day like to do.
- Delivering a mentoring session – something many of our more senior leadership and management apprentices often do.
- Completing workplace reflection diaries. We find these are a great way to embed learning!
- Work shadowing with a colleague/mentor – then writing a reflection and lessons learnt report.
- Group Learning Conferences – these can be a great way for you to learn new skills and ways of working from your peers.
- Research tasks e.g. to gain new knowledge of your industry.
- Face-to-face tutor led delivery/coaching sessions.
- Internal learning and development programmes related to your apprenticeship.
- Completion of e-learning
- Completing project work for your apprenticeship.
- Preparation for assessments.
- Role-plays or simulations of workplace situations. We find these really help to embed new knowledge and skills!
- Visits to other businesses, or different business units to see how these work.
- Attendance at competitions, provided it’s work-relevant and helping their development of course!
- Attendance at industry shows, particularly where they might be able to watch presentations or seminars relevant to their role and industry.
- Workplace 1-2-1 performance reviews, conducted by your line manager.
- Training sessions e.g. manual handling or first aid.
- Attending webinars on hot topics in your industry.
To undertake this course you should be in an employed administrative job role.
You will also need to be able to take time to meet with your Training, Development and Quality Coach for regular meetings and assessments, and spend time during your working hours completing set tasks towards your portfolio of evidence.
FNTC will ensure you will be able to achieve the required English, maths and ICT requirements prior to being able to start the course, and if you are to undertake these qualifications with us you will need to be able to travel to the examination centre for the required exams.
You will be assessed through a variety of methods, including question & answer, observations, evidence based assessments and witness testimonies. There are no exams in this Diploma.
FNTC will support you in collating an electronic portfolio of evidence which will be assessed towards the requirements of the qualification. Within your portfolio you will complete work to confirm your understanding of underpinning administration processes and procedures and you will demonstrate your skills in administration to confirm you are competent in the basic administration functions as well as those of your optional units.
Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) is assessed by completing either a workbook or an assignment.
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) will be embedded in the mandatory units of the
Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
The maths and ICT functional skills comprise of 1 examination per subject and the English functional skills comprises of two examinations and 2 assessed discussions.
This course takes place in your workplace.
In addition, if required, there are class taught sessions for English and mathematics at FNTC Totton 4.00-8.00pm Tuesday evenings 4 evenings
Your teacher/trainer will visit you in your workplace to meet with you and your employer to support you in learning the skills, behaviours and knowledge required.
The duration of this course is 13 months.
Having achieved this qualification, you will have the business administration skills you need, tailored to the sector of your choice. You will be familiar with administrative ‘best practice’ as well as an organisation’s business procedures and objectives. You will be prepared for progression opportunities in employment or to Further/Higher Education.
Another consideration may be for the Business and Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship, suited for more senior administrative roles, or you could go on to supervise others in your workplace which could also lead to the Team Leading Apprenticeship Level 2. Many Apprentices gain promotion opportunities within their workplaces upon completion of their Apprenticeship.
|Apprenticeship Framework||Price||Apprenticeship £2000||£1800||Government|
|N/A||Included in apprenticeship course|
|PRIVATE||Price||Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration||£2000||Learner/Employer|
|Included||*Registration for Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration||N/A|
|*Charges||Functional skills each resit from 2nd onwards||£50||Learner/Employer|
|Unauthorised missed appointments||£50||Learner/Employer|
|Unauthorised non attendance of exams||£50||Learner/Employer|
|Resignation from course administrative course costs||£50||Learner/Employer|