Brief overview of the role
Alphabet Day Nursery are looking for a reliable and positive-thinking individual to join their busy nursery in Bournemouth.
Monday to Friday Hours are flexible. The earliest start time would be 8.00 a.m and the latest finish time would be 6.00 p.m
The successful candidate will work with children from birth up to the age of 5.
They will work to:
- Deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 0-5 years.
- Ensure that the preschool nursery is a safe environment for children, staff and others.
- Developing partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their child’s development.
- Be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Deputy Nursery Manager/Nursery Manager
- Complete all academic aspects of the apprenticeship
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times.
- To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress. This will involve help to plan and carry out relevant activities.
- To help ensure the nursery meets Ofsted requirements at all times.
- To understand and work to the nursery policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
- To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes.
- Being able to relate to children at their level
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Positive personality
Training to be provided
The successful candidate will work towards the Children and Young Person’s Workforce Diploma Level 2 and English, Maths and ICT at Functional Skills if necessary.