This is an exciting opportunity for a Childcare Apprentice to work with children aged 0-5 years of age in an apprenticeship role, gaining the qualification needed to pursue a career within childcare!
The employer is a well-established childcare nursery based in the Highfield/Portswood area of Southampton. The staff have a wealth of experience and this is a very supportive environment to complete an apprenticeship.
Daily tasks will include:
- Providing for the everyday needs of the children and planning activities for them to engage in
- Helping to carry out the sessions and activities
- Recording important information about individual children
- Ensuring that all necessary risk assessments are completed and help
- Ensuring all safeguarding measures are put in place
- Good communication skill
- Ability to relate to children at their level
- A strong desire to work with children
- Lots of energy
- A cheerful nature
Training to be provided
- Training and assessment will be given in order to attain the Early Years Educator Level 3 (depending on the ability of the successful applicant)
- This will involve a combination of assessment/training within the Nursery in conjunction with some sessions to complete Functional Skills in Literacy, Numeracy and ICT if required.
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: £133.20 /week