St Claire’s Childcare are looking for a creative and enthusiastic individual to work with children, creating new exciting activities for them during after-school club, holiday club and breakfast club which will engage, and inspire them. You will need to be imaginative, and not afraid to get messy with arts and crafts.
- To support colleagues in their responsibilities as necessary.
- To assist in school pick-ups as necessary.
- To plan, organise and lead activities.
- To attend & participate in weekly staff team meetings & all others staff meetings as required
- To help set up and tidy away effectively, keep stock rooms and cupboards organized and tidy.
- To help with the preparation and clearing away after snack time.
- To monitor & deal with inappropriate behaviour according to Club policy guidelines & those of the law.
- To ensure that Club policies and the Early Years Foundation Stage are adhered to at all times.
- To Keywork effectively, building & maintaining positive relationships with families, keeping tidy and accurate records up to date, planning personalized play and evaluating it for further play opportunities.
- To ensure the overall happiness and well-being of the children.
- To put Handbooks & Training manual guidance into practice and meet required training needs
- To interact positively, calmly & cheerfully with the children and HAVE FUN!!
- You are expected to wear your uniform smartly and represent the company positively.
- To follow our safeguarding procedures and be alert to signs and symptoms of possible abuse.
- To follow and adhere to our e.safety policy and procedures.
- To work with all members of the team to keep the premises clean, tidy and in a state of good repair.
- Ability to relate well to children
- Cheerful nature
Training to be Provided
The successful candidate will work towards the Level 2 Diploma in the Children and Young Person’s Workforce (QCF) as well as Functional Skills Maths, English and ICT at Level 1 as appropriate
This role could offer the successful candidate a chance to develop their skills working with school age children (4-12). Previous Apprentices with St Claire’s have gone on to gain their Level Three qualification and now manage their own settings. One previous Apprentice with St Claire’s went on to win Playworker of The Year 2016.
We have vacancies at multiple settings:
Mudeford Junior School, Mudeford Lane,Bournemouth,Dorset BH23 3HP
St Peter’s Primary School Holdenhurst Avenue Bournemouth BH7 6RG
Winton Primary School Oswald Road Winton BH9 2TG
Questions you should answer in your application:
Why have you applied for this particular role?
What are your long time goals and aspirations?