We are seeking an apprentice to work in our busy setting. The candidate will need to have a passion for working in childcare, be kind, caring, have a sense of humour, excellent communication skills, excellent time management and be committed to a role which involves long hours but lots of fun, alongside doing a qualification.
- Safeguarding Children – ensure all times the physical and emotional security of all the children in your care, bringing to the attention of your supervisor anything about a child that gives you cause for concern
- First Aid – to arrange for any individual to receive immediate first aid when necessary and to inform your supervisor accordingly. Completion of relevant paperwork, e.g. incoming and outgoing accident/incident forms
- Planning and Monitoring – supporting senior staff in implementing children’s learning and development in the EYFS, providing play experiences for the children appropriate for their age and ability, taking into consideration the policies and procedures of the nursery and the requirements of Ofsted
- Health and Safety – to have regard for the children’s physical wellbeing when engaged in indoor or outdoor activities and to bring to the attention of your supervisor any equipment that you feel may be of danger. Record all findings on risk assessments.
- Healthy Eating – ensure premises and equipment are maintained to meet Environmental Health standards and promoting healthy eating, ensuring full awareness of individual dietary requirements and allergies of every child
- Hygiene – managing your own and children’s personal hygiene at all times, including maintaining toileting areas, sterilising toys and equipment regularly and keeping full records of this
- Supporting Other Staff – create a welcoming and positive environment by working as a team and helping each other, including kitchen staff as required. Regular attendance of staff meetings.
- Personal Development – through appraisal, establish training needs and commit time required to attend. Report to mentor any problems or issues that arise in a timely fashion. Participating in CP and first aid training as required
- Parental Involvement – build positive relationships with parents and carers by always acknowledging their presence when in the building and giving feedback at the end of the day and showing respect at all times
- Discrimination – ensure full awareness of our Equal Opportunities policy and treat all children, parents and workforce in a non-discriminative manner
- Child Protection – report any concerns at the earliest opportunity to your CPO, ensuring privacy and respect to the child by avoiding discussion in and out of work
- Positive Role Model – language, cleanliness, personal appearance (complying with uniform at all times), personal behaviour, time-keeping and attendance – adhering to the rules and regulations set out by the Managers
Ideally you will already hold a C grade (4) in GCSE English Language and maths or equivalent, however if you do not, then you must be willing to work towards these.
- Excellent commiunication skills
- Attention to details
- Excellent working ethics
- A passion for working with children
- Good team player
- Desire to progress and develop
- Ideally you will have a C grade in English language, maths and ICT or equivalent
- If not a willingness to to work towards these
A successful candidate will have the opportunity to stay on as a permanent member of staff